Kristine Grayson - Bluebeard
Enter to win a Print Copy of Charming Blue!
Five Redeeming Things About Bluebeard
by Kristine Grayson / NOR Author Page
Ah, poor Bluebeard. He is so misunderstood. At least that’s what Cantankerous Belle [aka Tank], Tinker Bell’s grumpy cousin, tells Hollywood fixer Jodi Walters in my novel Charming Blue. Of course, Jodi doesn’t believe Tank at first, but soon figures out that Blue (which is what Tank calls him) can be redeemed.
Why? Here are five reasons:
5. Blue is a Charming. Fairy Tales tell the story of dozens of Princes Charming, and they’re all charming. Not all are nice—hence the Bluebeard myth—but they can be witty, handsome, and great to be around.
4. Blue avoids people. Which is not something a Charming usually does, since Charmings can manipulate people. But Blue doesn’t and won’t because he has memories of doing very bad things to his previous loves. Later we learn that the memories are…well, I can’t tell you without spoiling the book, but trust me. It’s good that Blue avoided people for as long as he did.
3. Blue cares. He really does. He cares about the people he (theoretically) hurt and he worries about those he might hurt in the future. That’s why he continually tries to get help. Help without magic isn’t working, which is one of the many reasons Tank goes to Jodi.
2. Blue is smart. Very, very, very smart. He solved his centuries-old problem in a way that hurt him, but didn’t hurt anyone else. And now that it looks like a Bluebeard wannabe is working Los Angeles, Blue’s intelligence is the key to finding the real villain.
1. Blue believes in love. Of course, he doesn’t believe in love for him. He feels that ship has sailed. But the belief is enough to make him reach out, and when he does, he finds Jodi, there to help him.
And when a wounded hero needs help, the best person for the job is his one true love. I hope I’ve shown you that Blue can be redeemed without giving out too many spoilers. Charming Blue is the most unusual novel I’ve ever written, and that makes it one of my favorites. I hope it becomes one of yours as well.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kristine Grayson always wanted to be a romance writer when she grew up. She became one in the late 1990s with the publication of her first romance novel, Utterly Charming. Since then, she has published five more novels, including Absolutely Captivated and Totally Spellbound.
Her work has won the Romantic Times Reviewers Choice Award, and she has been nominated for several other awards. Publishers Weekly has called her work “a delight,” and Best Reviews labeled her “the reigning queen of paranormal romance.”
ENTER THE CONTEST
1. You MUST be a member of the NOR website to enter.
2. Leave a meaningful comment on the post to get entered.
3. Ends - 10/12/2012