Dirty, Sexy Space Opera? Gimme! by Mel Teshco, Shona Husk and Denise Rossetti
Imagine prison ships traveling in space, on their way to a penal colony on a distant planet …
When Shona Husk floated the idea to Mel Teshco and Denise Rossetti, the general consensus was – “Dirty, sexy space opera? Gimme!”
Criminals, guards and civilians, all crammed in close quarters on a convoy of battered old space ships—the story possibilities were dazzling. In each of the nine books in the series, Dirty Sexy Space, our lovers risk their lives to be together. In between, there are meteor showers, food rationing, cruel guards, rebellions and riots. You name it!
The story got us thinking … What five things would we most likely take with us? (Here, we’re assuming we’d be going as civilians)
We’ve come up with our answers and we’d love to hear your answer in return. And don’t forget, for a brief time, the first three stories (Yours to Uncover, Yours to Command & Yours to Desire) are available for 99c. AND we have a first chapter collection of ALL nine books up for free at instafreebie.
Five things I’d have to take —
1. My family. I’d think I’d rather die with the dying Earth than leave my children behind to perish.
2. A picture of the ocean or mountains to always remind me of what had once been beautiful on Earth.
3. Needle and thread. A practical solution to fix my wardrobe. I might need to learn how to sew first (on ES Siren they have a lot of practical lessons for survival – like sock knitting.)
4 . Can I bring my cat?
5. The most sturdy, long-lasting pair of boots I can find!
I’d take –
1. My glasses and a couple of spare pairs. I’d be pretty helpless without them!
2. Some kind of lip salve or cream. My lips get really dry in air conditioning – and I’m guessing the A/C on the Siren is pretty crappy.
3. I’m with Mel on the shoes or boots, particularly as I have teeny tiny feet. (And good thick socks to go with them. See how I snuck that in there?)
4. Cheap notepads and pencils. That way, even if the power sources died, I’d be able to write and record.
5. First aid kid of broad spectrum antibiotics. I don’t think there’s much to spare by way of medical supplies on the Siren for the criminal classes!
I’d take —
1. Some dark chocolate, because that won’t be available. And I know I’d eat it all on the flight but at least I’d have a little longer to enjoy it
2. Pencil and paper so I could draw or write
3. Sunscreen and sun hat—I have red hair and freckles and can burn in ten minutes.
4. Iron tablets. I can’t function without them.
5. 5000 piece jigsaw puzzle of some beautiful earth scenery. I can knit and sew so taking those classes and making stuff would be easy, so spreading out a big puzzle and chilling would be a nice way to unwind.
What would YOU bring? :o)
Dirty Sexy Space
Sample the first chapter from each of the 9 books in the Dirty Sexy Space series.
The Dirty Sexy Space series:
Yours to Uncover
Yours to Command
Yours to Desire
Mine to Hold
Mine to Keep
Mine to Serve
Ours to Embrace
Ours to Share
Ours to Save